If you've been in a car accident
Being involved in a car accident is a stressful situation – but you never have to deal with it alone. At LMG Insurance Brokers Ltd, we’re here to help you through the process, and to get you back to normal as quickly as possible.
Here are the 4 steps to consider when you have been in a car accident:
1. Stay calm. Take care of anyone who is injured
- Call 911 for an ambulance
- Turn off the engine and do not smoke or place flares near the car.
- Do not move anyone with injuries unless it is necessary to get them away from fire or passing traffic.
- Do not move your car if there are injuries, fatalities, extensive damage, or any fuel leaks.
2. If the damage is major, call the police.
- Call 911 and wait for police to arrive.
- If damage is minor, and there are no injuries you do not need to call police.
3. Gather information on everyone involved in the accident
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of the other drivers, passengers, witnesses, pedestrians, cyclists and anyone with injuries.
4. If your car is not drivable, call for a tow truck.
- We recommend that you have your vehicle towed to your local repair shop or a police compound for secure storage.
- Remember to remove all valuables from your car
After the accident, contact your insurance broker or call ICBC 24 hour Dial-A-Claim Service (1 800 910 4222) to get advice on your next steps.
You can also go directly to the ICBC Website on how to make a claim by clicking here